Your stay at THE DEACON includes a three-course breakfast, served to you on china in our dining room. (During the chilly winter months, we even light the fire!) Think Truffled eggs. Light, crispy pancakes. Quiches and frittatas. Our chef cooks everything to order, so please let us know if you have dietary restrictions.
Many of our guests say that this is the best part of their stay.
WHAT BETTER WAY TO SPEND AN AFTERNOON?
Our elegant, intimate afternoon tea is served on fine English china in our formal dining room by the fireplace.
Cozy up with some friends, and enjoy:
- A selection of fine Connecticut gourmet teas from Simpson & Vail
- Freshly baked scones with clotted cream, butter and locally made jams
- Decadent chocolates by Filicori Zecchini
- Tasty finger sandwiches
- Fresh herb- and fruit-infused water
- Delicious homemade desserts
- Starting May 4th, choose to take your tea in our garden
Available by reservation only:
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. or 2:30 – 4 p.m.
- We kindly request that you arrive 15-minutes before the event
- $45/guest, includes tax and service charge
HAVE LUNCH IN ITALY, NEXT DOOR
THE DEACON is a proud partner to Caffé Marche – a little taste of Italy right next door. Authentically Italian, the caffé serves breakfast and lunch six days a week, offering specials like handmade gnocchi, and our tried-and-true menu items like a cheese and meat board, penne all’ortalana and salads.
Join us for breakfast and lunch until 2:30. Espresso, cappuccino and gourmet teas are available all day until 8 p.m.
SCOOP UP SOME GELATO
The James Pharmacy (next door) was Old Saybrook’s first working pharmacy and later, a soda counter. Miss Anna James dispensed medicine – and ice cream floats – for 55 years to locals, travelers and even Katharine Hepburn.
Today the Italian owners serve Italian ice cream (gelato) as a tribute to its legacy. We make our gelato on the premises, fresh daily. Flavors like Lemon, Blueberry and Peach – plus traditional Italian favorites like Pistachio and Stracciatella.
Stop by and taste one. Or two, or three. We don’t mind.